TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Assumption of Risks, Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement governs the participant’s use of DODRIO VR software, equipment, and content. This document includes important information concerning the risks involved in participating in virtual gaming activity and affects the participant’s legal rights, including right to sue. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS!
In consideration of DODO VR permitting the Participant to use the Services, the Participant on behalf of themselves, their spouse, children, parents, assigns, heirs, personal representatives, and estate, agree as follows:
i. The “Agreement” means Assumption of Risks, Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement.
ii. “Activity” signifies virtual reality gaming.
iii. The words “I” or “me” in this Agreement refers to the User or the Participant or the guardian or parent of the Participant. Should I engage in the Services that DODRIO VR offers on the behalf of another person or legal entity, I hereby warrant that I have the authority, actual or implied, to bind that entity to the Agreement.
iv. “User” or “Participant” refers to the person engaged in the Activity at the Premises or at the Facility.
v. “Premises” or “Facility” refers to the Virtual gaming facility managed by DODRIO VR and located at 404 George Street North, Peterborough, ON, Canada.
1) If I do not accept the Terms of this Agreement I agree that I must immediately withdraw my access to and use of the Services. Fail to discontinue access to and use of the Services will be considered as acceptance and consent of the terms of this Agreement the Participant or parent or legal guardian of the Participant.
2) I warrant that I am at least 18 years of age. I represent and warrant that I have the capacity to participate into a legal agreement in the province of Ontario. I must not use the Services without agreement and consents to this Agreement from a parent or legal guardian on my behalf, which has authority to do so, if I do not have the capacity to participate into a legal agreement in the province of Ontario.
3) I acknowledge that some gaming environments might contain inappropriate content that is not suitable for all ages. It is my responsibility for selecting games with content appropriate and suitable to myself, my physical capability, or that is suitable for the Minor Participant (my child/my ward).
4) I acknowledge that the Activity entails certain unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury to the Participant, paralysis, death, or damage to the premises, to myself, or to third parties or damage to their property. The risks include but not limited to dizziness, loss of awareness, involuntary movements, blurred, or double vision, or other visual abnormalities, disorientation, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, headaches, risk of falling or slipping during or after each gaming session, light-headedness, impaired hand-eye coordination, seizures, drowsiness, excessive sweating, all of which the participant may continue to experience or become more apparent during or hours after use of the Services at the Facility, which may lead to an increased risk of injury in real world after leaving the Facility. I acknowledge, agree, and accept all the risks existing in this Activity and I take full responsibility for any and all risks associated with or arising connection with this Activity. I expressively agree that my participation is voluntary in spite of any and all the risks.
DODO VR suggests our Participant to rest some time after session before leaving the premises, and recommends care must be taken before engaging in real world activity, especially operating a motor vehicle.
5) If I and/or my ward/child are hurt or injured in any way, I acknowledge it is my/my personal insurer(s) responsibility to provide the expense in full amount. I hereby affirm/represent that I have sufficient insurance to provide coverage for such medical expenses. I accept and understand that DODRIO VR will not be accountable for any injuries me/my child/my ward may have suffered, hence DODO VR will not pay for any cost or expenses incurred by me if I and/or my child/ward are injured.
6) I agree to indemnity and fully compensate DODRIO VR for any property damage I cause to DODRIO VR property, including but not limited to DODRIO VR VIVE virtual reality equipment. I agree to hold harmless and indemnity DODRIO VR from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my use of DODRIO VR Virtual reality equipment.
7) In order to minimize risk of any injury or damage and to create fun and enjoyable environment for all participants and other persons present at any time at the Premises, DODRIO VR has implemented certain rules, which it expected to be followed strictly. I accept that I have read, heard, or viewed carefully the Rules concerning my/my child/my ward’s participation in any activity at DODRIO VR. I accept that not following the Rules could result in expulsion of myself and/or my child/ward from DODRIO VR.
- Check with a doctor before in the DODRIO VR Services if:
1. You are or may be pregnant
2. You have heart, respiratory, joint, back, or other orthopedic conditions
3. You have any medical condition or issue that affects your physical activity
4. You have tendinitis or carpal tunnel
5. You have been diagnosed with an anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Do not participate in any DODRIO VR Services if you have implanted any medical devices because controllers can emit radio waves can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers.
- Do not participate in any DODRIO VR Services if you have a history of Photosensitive Seizures. VIVE may trigger epileptic seizures, severe dizziness, loss of awareness, or other symptoms of epileptic conditions, consult your doctor before using VIVE.
- Do not enter in any DODRIO VR Services if you are sick, under the influence of intoxicants/drugs or generally unwell.
- Do not participate in the DODRIO VR Services if you have anxiety concerns or significant specific fears or phobias.
- Be aware of your surroundings, including the cable.
- Stop and rest
- Do not use the earphones with VIVE at a high volume for prolonged periods of time, or permanent hearing loss may occur
- Avoid overuse
- Operate VIVE in a comfortable posture. Do not grip hand controllers too tightly and press the buttons lightly. If you have any discomfort stop using VIVE immediately and consult with your doctor.
- Do not try to adjust, repair, modify, or open any part of VIVE